With the continued growth and expansion of the nonprofit sector, nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations have become essential to the fabric of our society.
Large tax-exempt organizations, including hospitals and universities, provide essential healthcare and education services to individuals and organizations across economic strata. Separately incorporated nonprofit governmental subsidiaries are increasingly used to assist municipalities in serving their citizens while negotiating a myriad of regulatory compliance issues. At the same time, independent public charities and private foundations play an ever increasing role in providing assistance to those in need.
As a result of these rapidly expanding roles, nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations encounter increasingly complex issues and the need for knowledgeable legal counsel. Fleming Stage attorneys have extensive experience in providing individuals and organizations with timely and relevant legal services.
We can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Nonprofit incorporation
- Application for exemption
- Public charity complaince and administration
- Private foundation compliance and administration
- Fundraising and financing strategies
- Charitable gaming and solicitation
- Charitable gift planning and administration
- Endowment management
- Strategic planning
- College and university services
- Healthcare services
- Nonprofit mergers and acquisitions
- Nonprofit/for-profit joint venture structures
- Evaluation and due diligence
Many nonprofit organizations benefit from charity gaming activities which are regulated by State and Federal law. For more information specific to charity gaming, please visit Indiana Charity Gaming Association at www.incga.com.